The Institute for Geoinformatics has just sent out the new call for applications for the Graduate School for Geoinformatics for summer semester 2014. The call is for
- applications with “open topics”, not accompanying the scholarships and
- applications for three specific topics funded by the DAAD. The DAAD also fund 2 full PhD scholarships for non-Germans.
The Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi) has been allocated two full PhD scholarships in the Graduate School for Geoinformatics. The scholarships are provided within the “Graduate School Scholarship Program” of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and address non-German PhD students, particularly encouraging applicants from developing and emerging countries.
Within the Graduate School for Geoinformatics, the following topics are open for application:
- Conceptual and statistical analysis of trajectories (Prof. Pebesma)
- Cognitive navigation (Prof. Schwering)
- Interacting with geo-spatial and temporal information on mobile devices (Prof. Kray)
The scholarships will start on April 1st, 2014. The scholarships are for up to three years (up to four years for candidates from developing and emerging countries) and include
- Monthly scholarship of 1.000 €
- Country-dependent lump sum for travel costs
- Insurance package (health, accidents, liability)
- Research allowance of 460 € per year
- If applicable, support for accommodation costs and family needs
- If applicable, a German language course of 2-6 months before the start of the doctoral program.
Applications are requested by November 11th, 2013.