The Sensor Web community has published a new beta release – “RC1″– of 52°North’s implementation of the OGC SOS 2.0 standard. The new SOS 4.0.0 contains improved components and new functionality. Here is an overview of the improvements and new features:
- Review of the database model [improved]: divided into a Core and a Transactional model
- JSON binding and encoding [new]:
- Supports SOS 2.0 requests and responses, SensorML 1.0.1 is encoded as XML
- O&M 2.0 encoding
- insertion of example data
- Simple security solution [new]:
- IP and token based
- configurable via the admin GUI
- SOS 2.0 Spatial Filtering Profile support [new]
- Support for ‘validTime’ parameter in DescribeSensor requests [new]
- Test Client [improved]:
- All examples are now listed
- Examples can be filtered by service, version, binding, operation
- Support for Oracle database [new]
The next steps include final testing the SOS and its documentation to get ready for the 52°North SOS 4.0.0 release. We invite all members of the Sensor Web community to test the 52°North SOS 4.0.0 RC1.
If you find a bug or problem, please repot it in the 52°North bugzilla.
A downloadable zip archive of the new release candidate contains the sources, as well as the binaries. Release requirements, installation and configuration information are documented in the 52°North wiki.