Last week I talked a little bit about the changes in the data structures. This week I want to show a little bit about the changes in the desktop client’s user interface (UI). When designing the UI, I tried to stay close to the general principle of the ILWIS 3 UI on the one hand, and to modernize and improve those parts that needed improvement on the other hand.more >
Archives for August 2015
The project goal is to collect statistics about how the clients use their SOS (Sensor Observation Service) deployments. The data is collected in an Elasticsearch database. If you would like to read more about this proposition, please read the project’s first blog post. You can read about the performance and a couple of design decisions in the second blog post.
Live demo server
The Google Summer of Code for the year 2015, is over! And that was fast!
With the help of my August mentors, Benno Schmidt and Christian Danowski, I’ve been able to make some good progress towards building the WorldViz connection map module. This blog post is a continuation of my previous blog post which can be found here.
After 13 interesting weeks, the GSoC program has now come to an end. I am very happy that I spent these weeks with 52°North.
My project is “Social Driving Stats”, which is part of the enviroCar project. Since the enviroCar website (enviroCar-WWW project on GitHub) didn’t include social media sharing functionalities, it was not possible to share enviroCar tracks in social networks. The project’s main task was to use social media APIs to allow users to share their tracks on these social media sites. This goal has been reached and it is now possible. I managed to integrate track visualizations and statistics into the shared posts. This makes them more catchy and informative than plain text messages.
You can find my development work on my
- First blog post,
- Mid term blog post,
- Demo server,
- enviroCar server repo and enviroCar-www repo.