This is it – the last blog post of my Google Summer of Code project. After months of coding, debugging, and even more coffee, I have finally finished migrating Kommonitor components from AngularJS to Angular. What an exciting journey it has been! At first, I was scared that the task ahead of me was too big to handle, but my outstanding mentors Christian and Sebastian were there to help and show me the ropes. Their guidance allowed me to complete this mission successfully and now the application is a hybrid one. These changes will guarantee KomMonitor’s enduring success for years to come. Here is how I migrated KomMonitor to Angular and what I learned in the process.
As we approach the final lap of Google Summer of Code 2023, it’s the perfect time to reflect on the remarkable journey we’ve undertaken with the enviroCar: Voice Command project. Over the past 12 weeks, my focus has been on fortifying the existing codebase while also introducing new, valuable features. This led me to tackle captivating challenges over a wide range of tech stacks for the ultimate objective of an enhanced user experience with improved safety measures.
The project aims to stabilize and enhance the enviroCar: Voice Command project to achieve better road safety and hands-free user experience using voice commands. As a part of Google Summer of Code 2023, my goal includes increasing the accuracy of wake word detection, stabilizing existing and adding new voice commands, creating CI/CD pipelines, and an overall increase in the user experience of the enviroCar app. You can read my earlier blog, which provides an overview of this project. This blog highlights the progress made so far and gives an insight into future plans.
The baseline for this project was initially set in GSoC 2022 by Sujit Jaunal (my current Mentor), by developing the Basic UI for Faroe Settings Configuration to perform CRUD operations. The faroe API of the Arctic Sea framework lets us set the properties for OGC services. The settings are stored in JSON files. The goal of my project is to make the UI work with the javaPS service.