This project aims to develop methods and classes specifically designed for trajectory analysis. Over the past five weeks, I have made progress in three main aspects.
First, I have been learning the basics of developing packages for R and making a transition from an R user (a.k.a. a useR) to an R developer. Second, I wrote a function for converting raw trajectory files into STI objects and eventually into STTDF objects. Third, I wrote an additional function to enable a simple spatial overlay operation between one or more STTDF object(s) and a SpatialPolygons object (from sp package), both at the individual point level, as well as at the trajectory level.more >